You might ask yourself, “After I complete an A.S.T.I program where do I go from there?” “Where will I get a Job?”
After completing your education at ASTI you can be your own boss, you will be equipped to open your own business, become a contractor in whatever field of study.
A.S.T.I is linked with a number of companies that use our student database as a pool for new employees. Students who successfully complete program have the opportunity to acquire employment at the following organizations:
- Telecommunications Service of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT)
- Trinidad and Tobago Police Service
- Corporate Dynamics
- Columbus Communication (FLOW)
- Trinidad and Tobago Defence Force
At A.S.T.I we take our students’ future employment seriously and are committed to helping you build rewarding careers. Here, students can expect to develop skills relevant to their future professions. We design and update our courses so that they are directly relevant to the current employment market. We help students find internships, work experience and voluntary opportunities across a wide variety of organizations.
An internship is a work-related learning experience for individuals who wish to develop hands on work experience in a certain occupational field. Most internship is temporary assignments that last approximately three months up to a year.
Each year, ASTI students take advantage of internships to explore careers, to gain professional experience, and to earn academic credit. Internships give you an opportunity to:
• Find out what it is like to work in a specific field.
• Make contacts with professionals in the field.
• Gain academic credit. Student must work with a faculty sponsor and register in advance to receive academic credit. Check with your department for
• Strengthen your resume. Related experience is often necessary before an employer/graduate program will consider your application.
• Jump-start your full-time job search. Employers often hire their interns for fulltime employment after graduation.
For more information on Internship and other voluntary employment opportunities contact us.